It seems that one of the applications which are simple to develop is a “group/person locator” with a few variations:
- use only text messages and no storage on any cloud storage provider. Your location is private and not shared with the exception of the people you allow to ping you.
- use geo-fencing to insure people are bound to an area during a specified period
- here is the scenarios of children, teens which should be within an area for predetermined periods of time
- use data messages and save locations on the server and allow people to query the server locations instead of you directly; less intensive but the GPS locations are on a cloud storage (even if encrypted).
- use a Bluetooth device to send a specific message which will trigger an alarm and notify your family that you are in a pickle, they better come and rescue you.
- use sensors to detect abnormal movements for a person and trigger in that event a notification for a monitoring company
- used for elderly persons or recovering at home, unsupervised
- allow the new smart speakers to be your “monitoring person”, in an emergency case (special phrases or simple noises over a certain volume) to trigger a notification