The first step for companies using Lite Dispatch is first to register as a new user, on the login page at https://www.litedispatch.com.
The user will receive an email containing a confirmation of creating the account with a link to activate the account. After clicking on the link, the user can login in the application.
Set organization parameters
All new accounts are created with the free features:
- one web user allowed
- two mobile users (that can receive jobs scheduled through the web interface)
- maximum 10 jobs/day for each mobile user
The next steps, for adding and dispatching jobs to the service people in the field are:
- select the name of the organization, by default it is the email address used for login of the first user. Go to right menu Account->Organization Name
- change the organization settings as they are used for reports, notifications and used for the maximum number of jobs that can be dispatched on one day. Go to right menu Account->Organization settings. In case we want to communicate with your company better put all the info in those fields – Contact name, email, phone, what is the default job time, when the working day ends, the minimum and maximum number of jobs per day.
Add mobile users
In order to dispatch jobs or get updates and data from mobile users, the admin user created in registration phase should add them through the menu Users->Management->Add. One field which is used in scheduling is the address of the user, if he starts from the same location every day.
It is very important to transmit the email address and the password created above to the mobile user in order to be allowed to communicate with the back-end system. These two parameters are used in the Lite Dispatch mobile app in the Settings menu. The first two entries in the user settings are <Email> and <User Password> and the third is a button <Confirm user>. Pressing the button will initiate the communication between the mobile user and the back-end application. If it is successful, the label below the <Confirm User> will be checked.
Once the communication channel is confirmed, the administrator/dispatcher could add jobs, change them or communicate with the service people in the field. Also, the command of finding the current position of the service people can be issued. Only the jobs for the current day are pushed to the mobile user.
Daily usage for the application
After login, the dispatcher is redirected to the dashboard where there are three type of information displayed:
- a table with the active users, their status, and how many jobs they closed from the total dispatched
- a table with all jobs for the day
- a map where both users and jobs can be displayed using different filters