We chose to add a new app for car maintenance because we discovered the segment for truck drivers and long hauls trucks is not properly served, or the level of service is attached to a piece of hardware which is hardly justifiable. What is different from other apps:
- a full expenses module which supports different accounts/payment methods/payment cards
- expenses in different currencies
- a complex methodology for recurring expenses
- maintenance based on time, mileage, engine hours
- for maintenance, the service operations could be linked with expenses
- OBD2 support for automatic updates vs. manual updates of the odometer, engine hours and even DTC codes (for enterprise edition)
- fleet integration on the back-end www.fleetgateway.com
- for data analytics at the fleet/business level you can rely on www.fleetgateway.com
At the same time, in the near future we will release a version for the not-professional driver of Car Maintenance with information pertinent to her/him:
- what should be the recommended car maintenance services for each mileage depending on the car manufacturer
- the expenses component will be stripped away; we already released another app with far more features – T47 Expenses
- as with every product we launch, we eat “our-dog-food”: the products are tested in different conditions and discussed internally and as a consequence we decided to protected the data on the mobile phones even when for the “rooted devices”.
- for the enterprise version of our apps, the traffic between device/phones/tablets and our servers is over HTTPS but “for now” the data is stored in the sand-box of the app offered by the Android system.